Wednesday, December 19, 2012

BLOGGERS BELIEF - KURT BENNETT

In my blog GENESIS 1 I asked the question about who the "Us" and the "Our" refers to and I'm not the only one to ever have asked that very question.  Here is a blogger who tries to answer the question of the "Us" and the "Our" in Genesis 1.26.  You can find his bog here BENNETT'S BLOG - IN GOD'S IMAGE.

It really is a valiant effort and his blog is short and sweet unlike some of mine that tend to ramble.  The succinctness of it makes it very easy to read and understand and I found the answer very convincing.

I'll preface by saying at no point did Kurt say that his answer is the answer, he is simply putting forth a suggesting of what that verse means and I applaud that.  He is basically saying that the "We" is probably referring to the holy trinity.  Also, as we are made in Gods image we are he and he is us and so forth - basically circular reasoning - so it could also mean that we are of God therefore we are our own creators.  He doesn't say that verbatim, of course, but that's how I, as a reader, would take his meaning.

Overall his blog sits well with me as a possible explanation of the "We" and "Our" question and follows what I understand of the Christian God.

The premise and the logic is, however, flawed and I'm sure Kurt wont mind me pointing this out as he seems like a reasonable theist.  If our eternal being(s) did create us or even if it was the trinity, why is it only that verse we see the "Us"?

I have heard the trinity offered up as an answer before but not the eternal being thing.  Good answer but it is still flawed :)


I write this blog because it is a passion of mine to explore the myth of god and along the way even I learn some cool stuff but it takes a lot of time and energy to write this blog.  If you enjoy reading this blog please make a donation by clicking the DONATE button on the right so I can put more time into creating a better blog.

Thank you all
Justin

No comments: