Saturday, January 12, 2013

BLOGGERS BELIEF - JIMPITHECUS

Here is an interesting blog called SCIENCE AND RELIGION: A VIEW FROM AN EVOLUTIONARY CREATIONIST from a guy who calls himself Jimpithecus.  He is a Christian, librarian, palaeoanthropologist and an evolutionary creationist... there's a mouth full!  At first this all kind of sounds a little bipolar but when I started reading into his first blogs I began to get a better idea of where he was coming from.  For those of you who are not familiar with the handle palaeoanthropologits it is, simply put, the study of ancient man which means Jimpithecus (a nice little play on words) can be called a follower of the scientific method.  In other words he acknowledges the facts, the evidence of evolution and accepts it, as we all should, as the way things actually happened.  Good on ya mate!

What makes his blogs all the more enjoyable to read is he takes a sceptical (that is, after all, the correct English spelling) view on published articles found in the likes of the HUFFPOUSA TODAY regarding the "controversy" of creation vs evolution.  It would take me far too long to read through all his blog entries so I skimmed through looking for some choice cuts of blog to use as examples for this critique. I'd have to say, if I was to argue with a young earth creationist over their warped world view I'd want Jimpithecus in my corner.

From one of his blog entries he addresses the fact that Christians should make their peace with evolution.  I'm liking this guy more and more!  EVOLUTION ON CAMPUS is a good example of what I'm talking about.

This is the blog you want to go to if you have a question to answer about creation v evolution and just cant stomach ANSWERS IN GENESIS.  The only irony of this blogger is that in the face of all the evidence he still believes in an invisible man in the sky.


I write this blog because it is a passion of mine to explore the myth of god and along the way even I learn some cool stuff but it takes a lot of time and energy to write so if you enjoy reading this blog please make a donation by clicking the DONATE button on the right so I can put more time into creating a better blog.

Thank you all
Justin





No comments: